Monday, November 7, 2011

Goodbye Singlehood

In what point in your life, you asked "When will I be ready to settle down?
We have different perspective in handling a serious relationship. Some of us have been through a short engagement before getting married. Others experienced a long courtship before being engaged.

Do you really believe in destiny? Does love at first sight really exist?
I really believe in happily ever after per se. I am a dreamer, believer and idealistic person. Since young, I'm dreaming for a fairy tale love story with a happy ending. I want to share this article a love story of my dearest close friend.



Year 2002 when I enrolled in this university for my second degree course. It was a first day in school so we don't have much tasks to do. As a freshman in the class, we just introduced ourselves and mingled with one another. When the bell rang, we decided to spend our leisure time in the library.  I was in an international class so I met students in different subjects and department.

In the library, I was checking my pink form on what subject and room will I be. I,with my new classmates approached me regarding our next subject. Then I met this young, petite and smart girl. I don't know her by name. But she was my classmate in one of my minor subjects.
I read her pink form with a plastered smile on my face. She sat beside me while comparing our subjects and designated rooms. Both of us chuckle and talking loud, without noticing that we were inside the library.
The first thing I noticed is the province she came from and her birthday. (Lol!)

Yes! We have same birthday (never mind the year), and same roots where our ancestors lived. Till there and then, I found a true friend, sister, and confidante. Both of us built a good rapport, shared our secrets and lent a helping hand through our ups and downs.

It was 2004, my friend disclosed about this guy courting her. I teased her at last there someone out there who captured her untamed heart.
We both giggling, throwing pillow and humming with the beat of our hearts.

In the first place, she doesn't like the guy. I told her, "The more you hate, the more you love."
The guy who's studying in Ilocos, whenever he has time or during semetral break, goes to Baguio to visit my friend.
Our school is under trimestral scheme. If others have their semetral vacation, whereas classes still going on. By any chances, the guy persistently chasing my friend.

There was a time, when I stood as a chaperone to them.
We strolled at SM Baguio, Burnham Park, Minesview, Session Road and food trips.
We had a great fun. My friend, slowly knowing the character of this guy. He's such a gentleman, kind, and full of good character.
I was then a witnessed in their new relationship while we were in college.

We  parted ways in 2005 when we graduated. Even though long distance, our friendship still in smooth sailing. We have a constant communication. She visits me in my work and spends long hours talking, laughing out loud when she goes to Manila. Sometimes she sleeps in the boarding house for bonding and jamming.



Recently, she told me they decided to settle down. After seven long years of waiting as boyfriend/girlfriend, at last they will tie a knot early next year.

I was so excited as I heard the good news. I am looking forward to be a part of  this memorable event of  their lives. I am counting for more years for them as a lovely couple and kids to continue their everlasting love and care.
To you my dear friend, little sister, and my lucky charm wishing you all the best in life. I hold you in my heart forever.






1 comment:

  1. TEMIECH!...THANKS FOR BEING SO WONDERFUL EVERY NOW AND THEN...I WILL TRULY MISS THE BOND WE HAD, APPARENTLY, STILL MISS IT WHEN I BECAME A WIFE ALREADY.. SPENDING TIMES WITH YOU ALSO MEANS YOU GVE THE MISSING PIECE IN ME..ILOVEYOUSOMUCH!!

    ReplyDelete