Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Overcoming Discouragement and Depression

All of us are familiar with disappointment. It's when our experience do not meet our expectations. Disappointment, when  not handled properly, leads to discouragement and then to depression. Depression is a despair, hopelessness or apathy. It's when we  seem to have no energy, no vitality, and no joy. It's when we choose to isolate ourselves, sometimes, harboring thoughts of suicide. It's when we give up on life.

Negative emotions can be compared to an iceberg. Only a tenth of an iceberg can be seen above the sea level. The bigger chunk is underneath the surface. This goes the same with negative emotions in something we do not readily see.

Though I usually smile to my colleagues, close friends, and some acquaintances still a bulk of iceberg kept inside me.
I have a happy and supportive family and relatives. I have my job but still learning and acquiring more skills and knowledge.

One point in my life, I reached this age asking and searching, what is lacking? I don't want to divulge what I am looking for 'coz this is between me and God.

Other says, " There is always time in everything."
Some says "Try and try until you succeed. Wishes and prayers will be granted at the right time."
Sometimes, I asked God, "when I insist what I want; proceed to my own plan, usually it will not turn smoothly."

It hurts and I usually weep. Nobody will console me, just sit-down near the corner of my room and reflect about the situation.

I tend to compare myself to those lucky ones. Usually think pessimistic and my self-confidence is at stake.
In spite of all these failures, I am still grateful God never deserted me. He still put smile on my face to continue my battle in this game of life.




No comments:

Post a Comment